We know the problems associated with Internal Audits (ISO 9001/14001/45001 and more). Most Quality Managers wear at least three hats, and three is normal, but some of you are ambitious and aim for four or five. Its hard to find time to step away and audit, much less train others to act as internal auditors. Let us not forget-you’re not allowed to audit your own work, so that means at least 1/3 the company is off limits for you to audit. We’ve been there, done that. We want to provide you with a comprehensive audit, utilizing yourself, and trained internal staff as well to get the job done.
Your Internal Audit needs to be objective, detailed, and from folks that have sat in your shoes before. That’s what Texas Quality Assurance is all about.
When it comes to audits, we have experience sitting in the drivers seat as a Quality Manager, we’ve handled 2nd Party Internal Audits, and we also have experience on the other side of the fence as 3rd Party auditors for the dreaded Registrar. Regardless of where your organization is, we’re ready to help.
Benefits of Outsourcing Your Internal Audit to Texas Quality Assurance
The practice of outsourcing some or all of the internal audit function to an independent organization affords an organization numerous benefits over maintaining an employee-only internal audit function. Some of these benefits include:
- Objectivity – no more worrying about “not auditing your own work”
- Knowledge – it’s our full time job to know the standards and how to help you work within them
- Lower Business Impact – Our auditors can conduct your audit in a fraction of the time with greater efficiency than a traditional self-audit
- Lower Employment Costs – second party internal audits remove the need to hire and staff lead auditors, leave it to the experts at TQA.
Texas Quality Assurance is ready to assist with your internal audits to measure its strengths and weakness against your own procedures or methods and/or against external standards adopted by (voluntary) or imposed on (mandatory) the organization.
In addition, we conduct 3rd party supplier surveillance audits and inspection services.
Regardless of the size, complexity or location of your organization you’re required to be compliant to one or more management system. One thing every management system has in common is the need for an internal audit. According to ISO 9001, your internal audit should at a minimum evaluate:
- Conformity of products and services
- The degree of customer satisfaction
- The performance and effectiveness of the quality management system
- If planning has been implemented effectively
- The effectiveness of actions taken to address risks and opportunities
- The performance of external providers
- The need for improvements to the quality management system
Process Based Internal Audits
Most standards have a requirement for a “process based audit”, part of the tried and true plan, do, check, act process. The easiest way to approach an audit is through a process audit. Checklists have their time and place, but when auditing against a process you are better able to identify required inputs, compared to outputs that are checked against pre-defined measures and objectives.
We provide Internal Audits for various standards including:
- ISO 9001 – Quality Management
- ISO 14001 – Environmental Management
- ISO 45001– Occupational Health & Safety Management
- API Specification Q1/Q2 – American Petroleum Institute
- API Design Standards including 6A, 6D 12F and more
- ISO 27001 – Information Security Management
Located just south of Houston Texas we are ready to serve you and your company locally and are available to travel to you.
Our goal with everything we do is to find ways to help you save time and energy. Contact us today for more information.