ISO 9001 8.4 Control of externally provided processes, products and services
In determining type and extent of controls to be applied to external provision of processes, products and services, organization must consider:
- Potential impact of the externally provided processes, products, and services on the organization’s ability to consistently meet customer and applicable legal requirements;
- Perceived effectiveness of the controls applied by the external provider.
Establish and implement verification or other activities necessary to ensure the externally provided processes, products, and services do not adversely affect the organization’s ability to consistently deliver conforming products and services to its customers.
Purchased product is any product procured by an organization from another source that is incorporated or used in the production of the final product. Note that products need not be procured from an ‘independent source’, in some cases sister companies supply each other and are not totally independent. Maintain control of your organization’s purchasing process by:
- Determining the extent of control to be applied to suppliers;
- Developing criteria for the selection of suppliers;
- Evaluating suppliers to ensure they are able meet requirements;
- Maintaining records.
We hope you enjoy. Should you have a specific need not met otherwise, contact us at info@TexasQualityAssurance.com.
From all of us here at Texas Quality Assurance – Thank You.