Benefits of Outsourcing Your Internal Audit
Texas Quality Assurance's team of certified Lead Auditors are here to partner with you for your QMS, EMS, OHS, or Oil & Gas QA Audit. The practice of outsourcing some or all of the internal audit function to an independent organization affords an organization numerous benefits over maintaining an employee-only internal audit function. Some of these benefits include:
- Objectivity – no more worrying about “not auditing your own work”
- Expert Knowledge – it’s our full time job to know the standards and how to help you work within them
- Lower Business Impact – Our auditors can conduct your audit in a fraction of the time with greater efficiency than a traditional self-audit
- Lower Employment Costs – second party internal audits remove the need to hire and staff lead auditors, leave it to the experts at TQA
Save on travel expenses, ask us about remote auditing options.
Regardless of the size, complexity or location of your organization you're required to be compliant to one or more management system. One thing every management system has in common is the need for an internal audit. According to ISO 9001, your internal audit should at a minimum evaluate:
- Conformity of products and services
- The degree of customer satisfaction
- The performance and effectiveness of the quality management system
- If planning has been implemented effectively
- The effectiveness of actions taken to address risks and opportunities
- The performance of external providers
- The need for improvements to the quality management system
In addition, we conduct 3rd party supplier surveillance audits and inspection services.
Process Based Internal Audits
Most standards have a requirement for a "process based audit", part of the tried and true plan, do, check, act process. The easiest way to approach an audit is through a process audit. Checklists have their time and place, but when auditing against a process you are better able to identify required inputs, compared to outputs that are checked against pre-defined measures and objectives.
Learn more about the standards we support
ISO 14001 | EMS Audit - Environmental Management Systems, built on the same ANNEX SL platform as ISO 9001. Auditing against TCEQ and EPA requirements.
ISO 45001 | OHS Audit - Occupational Health & Safety Management System built on the same ANNEX SL platform as ISO 9001. Auditing against OSHA 1910, 1926 and PSM requirements.
ASME | QC Audit - American Society of Mechanical Engineers we provide support for your QMS regardless the need including off course R an U stamps
API Q1 & API Q2 | Oil & Gas QA Audit - American Petroleum Institute Q1 and Q2 standards are the most common for oil field service providers in the United States. In addition to Q1 & Q2 we are prepared to assist with a wide range of design specifications.
Ready to get certified, but not sure where to turn? We have great relationships with several Certification Bodies are happy to offer an unbiased advice on where to turn and what to do. Contact us to find out more.
Does the whole certification process confuse you? Or are you ready for certification, but have net settled on who to use as a certification body? Be sure to contact us, we have several great relationships with certification bodies we know and trust and will be happy to get you in contact with the right people.